10 November 2006

Frugal Friday - potato pancakes

Another money saving idea. This feeds a family of five as long as they are not too hungry. Usually one mouthful of this is enough for the kids.

Potato pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 egg
  • a quarter cup of plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon parsley
  • salt and pepper

Directions:
  • Wash, peel and grate potatoes finely (or mash). Chop onion finely and combine all ingredients together. Mix well, and drain any excess liquid. Keep this to make a delicious soup.
  • Spoon potato mixture into pan with hot oil and squash.
  • Brown lightly on both sides and drain on a paper towel. Serve warm.
Delicious! And cheap!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you do with the potato peel ? I hope you do not just throw it away ?

9:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir

Further to our previous correspondence, we advise that your post dated 10 November 2006 is in blatant disregard to the cease and desist notice served upon you obo Foodkitty and enjoined Hobart Food Bloggers.

Please be advised that continuing to publish frugal but tasty recipes will result in further action,

Yrs etc

9:58 am  
Blogger Lonie Polony said...

Lol! I cooked this for my family just the other day. My motivation was the lack of any other food in the house, though. You'll be disappointed to know I have since spent a shocking amount on groceries.

11:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just think it is a disgrace that you fat-cat hebetudic sybarite public servants do bugger all at work all day and then live a bacchanalian lifestyle at night. You costive pigs. Here I am, working like a stakhanovite in private industry to make sure I pay my taxes to fund you over-superannuated public servants who then can afford potato pancakes - and then make out you are frugal. I dream of such delicacies you supine swine! May your defined-benefits rot in hell!!

6:58 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

I will have to go back to the library and borrow a dictionary before I can respond to you, Angry.

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home