09 November 2006

Council hard rubbish collection

It's that wonderful time of year again when the Hobart City Council gets everyone to load up their footpaths and nature strips with as much rubbish as possible. There is always some great stuff sitting around just waiting to be collected.

The Salvation Army has complained that people are throwing out items that are still useable and they should get them instead. My advice to the Salvos is - get back in line!

Last evening I borrowed an acquaintance's (good on you Hubcap) ute and did the rounds of Lenah Valley and New Town. I managed to pick up a terrific couch, a Cliff Richard CD and a hundred bricks amongst other less useful goods.

To make things even better, I siphoned 20 litres of petrol out of the ute before I returned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home