07 November 2006

Melbourne Cup Sweep

Today is the race that stops the nation.

But don't worry, the public service will continue as usual.

Also as usual, I will be running our office Melbourne Cup Sweep. Entry is $2 per person and first prize is $6, second prize $4 and third prize $2.

I have been advised by the government (and TCC) that I can keep the balance to cover my administration costs.

My Melbourne cup tip was going to be Efficient, in recognition of the great job I do here at the Department. However, as he was scratched this morning, I have changed my tip to Pop Rock in tribute to the great Farnsey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Whitey said...

Pop Rock came second - not too bad at all.

If only I had bet some money.

3:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pity yopu didn't back Delta Goodrem's horse instead. She rocks

5:03 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

It's so hard to follow all the great singers and musicians of the world.

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home