31 October 2006

Hobart Cup Holiday

Finally, I am back and can post again. I am not sure what has happened but everything appears to be working again. As I have been unable to spread the gospel according to St Frugal, I have had to resort to leaving post it notes around the house to give the wife some money saving tips. For some unknown reason, this has not been appreciated.

But back to a great money saving tip. For those from outside Hobart, last Thursday was a public holiday for the Hobart Show. Friday is a normal working day but most public servants take off the Friday as well. Not me! Friday is a great day to turn up to work and catch up on all my personal correspondence - sending emails to relatives asking for money, etc.

It is also a great opportunity to see what items are available in the office. On Friday afternoon I managed to leave with 15 Mars Bars, $3 in change and six packs of photocopy paper. A very productive day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While your effort is laudable I hope you can manage much more than six packs of paper in the future. Tell your friends also. People are too protective of paper, they reuse it and recycle it and all sorts of crazy stuff... for god's sake people IT GROWS ON TREES!!! use more, more I say...

9:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do your work colleagues read this???

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No we don't.

12:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re John's comments - cardboard boxes are much better than paper - you should be knocking those off.

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home