20 October 2006

Holidays - day 5
























The nerve of some people!

Just what to these cafe and restaurant owners think they are up to?

What is the point of having tables at a restaurant if you don't want people to come and sit at them? That is the question that Graham Phillips from the Sunday Tasmanian should be asking.

I think that as long as you buy something you are paying rent on the table. That's why I brought a bottle of lemonade for everyone the other day.

My acquaintance, Sparky, has other ideas and will ask for a glass of tap water and then sit down at a cafe table and then pull out a bread roll and half a chicken that he has been hiding in his pockets.

To me, that is just being tight, not frugal.

But back to the last day of our holiday. Due to budget constraints, the kids have been restricted to doing nothing but playing in the park for the entire day. You just can't beat free entertainment. Unless there was an opportunity to send them to work somewhere. By the end of the day the wife, mother and mother-in-law should have cleaned their 100th cabin and this will get me a further 15% discount on our accommodation costs.

Who says you can't have a frugal holiday and enjoy yourself at the same time?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back.

and another thing - this whole sorry debacle is yet another example of public sector fat cats dining out at the expense of the struggling taxpayer. All these "free" things you're reading about are provider by the TAXPAYER. Yes that's right folks - you and me - and while these public servants take their whole families to enjoy the sweat of the working man, we can't even get a bed in a hospital.

I recently had a heart lung bypass operation on the seat at the Liverpool St bus stop (the one outside Hudsons) because the govt had spent everything on free swings for freeloaders.

(btw - Igor - how much is the kidney you were talking about?)

Don't get me started on the new slogan either - explore the possibilities - I've got a few possibilities I'd like to explore!

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well GP witters on about a lot of stuff; I wonder how he rates the Lang?

angry, I've got a spare chicken if times are tough....

10:25 am  
Blogger rummon said...

Please dont forget to visit my page.

11:35 am  
Blogger Whitey said...

Food Kitty - don't give away that chook too soon.

12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitey,

When you get back I've got 2 Elton John tickets for you. Your friend Craig got them by promising to give Elton a ride home. Don't know why Elton would give up $500 of tickets for a ride when a taxi only costs $10 anyway Craig seemed happy to oblige. Sparky seemed disappointed though.

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitey,

I came upon this poster recently and am confused - are you now the President of the United States, or do you just have some sort of relationship woth Condi that the world was previously unaware of?

4:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, link didn't work:

www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/posters/images/condi_whitey.jpg

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

curse this cheap free software.

just click on my name.

4:27 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

I am not sure if I should be flattered. At the moment I am just confused!

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home