22 November 2006

Global warming

I am wondering if anyone else received the same phone call that I did last night. I was called by the Department of Global Warming and asked to assist.

The person on the phone asked me to leave my fridge door open for the rest of the year so that Australia could meet its global warming targets. Apparently if everyone in the country leave their fridge doors open the whole world will be one degree cooler.

I did ask if this would increase my power bill and they said they would post me a cheque to cover the difference.

Sounds good to me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Food Kitty said...

I think global warming's overstated. My great-aunt Ivy died last month - and a lot of hot air went with her..let's wait to see what difference that makes.

3:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will offer take care any old gasbag for you.

And give very special price for gold teeth

4:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the hot air comes from Tasmania - out of Bob Brown's mouth.

9:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not another anti-green, why does everyone hate me?

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home