31 July 2006

Weed and Feed

Looks like the repairs for the car could be more than a few dollars so I will need to make sure that the family cuts back on unnecessary expenses.

I have made a start by cutting back on Weed and Feed. It comes in a large bottle that you attach to the hose and then spray it on the lawn to kill some weeds and feed others. Seems like a waste of time and money so a good starting point for cut backs. The wife is very keen on the stuff so I need to be careful.

I worked out that if you just don't connect it up properly then it doesn't use any Weed and Feed. So I just stood around hosing the lawn for two hours and ended up with as much Weed and Feed as when I started. So, $1.20 saved so far.

My next step is drinks and dinner with a few acquaintances and I need to make sure I spend as little as possible so time to put in place my shout avoidance strategy. I will let you know about the success of this tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home