28 July 2006

Nappies

It isn't easy being green.

Having a baby means that we use lots and lots of nappies. I thought that the best approach would have been to use my old cloth nappies. I mean, I have been keeping them stored for over 30 years and it would be nice to get a bit of extra use out of them.
Not to be. The wife thought they should probably have been washed a long time and wondered what that smell was at the bottom of the wardrobe.

So we have to use disposable nappies. At approximately 61.5c each this seems to be an extraordinary waste of money to me.

I have been trying to work out how to re-use or recycle the nappies (see - I am so green). Then a couple of ideas just collided - after siphoning petrol from a few cars in the Chickenfeed carpark I went up to the McRobies Gully Tip Shop - and I noticed the methane burners they are trialling. Maybe I can use the old disposable nappies to create methane to run the car? Sounds like a good idea to me and I can't see any financial downside.

I can't wait to try this out on the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home