29 June 2009

Celebrating three years of The Whitey Stuff with Radar

That's right - it has now been three years since the first post on The Whitey Stuff.

And what better way to keep everything fresh and up to date with some details from the rsvp.com.au website on Radar. Thanks for the heads up from one of my many admirers.

Radar is 44 years old and has a social personality - so ladies, time to log on and make a friend.

For many years now I am proud to say I have been the owner of a very successful business but realise that out there is a life to be had and a life to be shared. I understand now that I need to have a life outside of work as silly as it may sound. I know that I am a fun-loving person with a great cross-section of friends around the country. I have been blessed with my job which has taken me all over Australia in the past 20 years. My friends tell me I have a somewhat of a dry sense of humour but also a great personality. On occasions I love doing things on the spur of the moment whether it be jumping in the car and going for a long drive and staying somewhere overnight, or a planned holiday within Australia or overseas. I understand a lot of people say this, but I say it with conviction, and having worked in the music industry most of my life music has been a passion for many, many years. From Sade through to the big hits of the 70s and 80s. At times I believe there is nothing better than sitting down with the right lady and watching a great movie, like a top comedy or great drama. Most importantly life is no where near the same if you cant share your thoughts and feelings with that one person you care most about in your life. But like any relationship in its infancy I believe it must start with a friendship and grow. I am more than happy to travel anywhere in Australia to meet that someone special and this is something that doesn't have to happen yesterday or next week. I have learned that time talking and getting to know a person slowly and properly is the only way go. I have put a lot of thought into being a part of RSVP over the last 12 months and have friends in Melbourne and Brisbane who either have rock-solid relationships or have made great lady friends via RSVP.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger hazelblackberry said...

"Lady friend" is a horrifying term. I bet he listens to a lot of Chris de Burgh.

5:03 pm  
Anonymous Radar said...

Whitey - as you are obviously a man of the world, can you please advise me on a better way to attract the love of my life?

6:50 am  
Blogger Lonie Polony said...

I agree with hb. 'Lady friend' is only to be employed for humorous use.

2:50 pm  
Anonymous Stephen said...

What is an appropriate phrase?

'girlfriend / boyfriend' just sounds wrong past your teens. 'Need a root' is both too honest and too narrow. 'Looking for a long term relationship with a guy/gal' might be better, but its still a bit twee.

1:31 am  
Anonymous Stephen said...

Last week I attended a dinner party at a soon-to-be divorcees' house. She revealed that she's started using RSVP. Most of us were skeptical about internet dating, but then she asked for other suggestions given that her circle of friends are all married, dating workmates is crazy given her management role and she can't hang out in bars because she's got kids to feed.

None of us could actually suggest a better option and instead settled on the bland assurance that someone will come along one day.

I say, if it works, go for it.

1:32 am  
Blogger Whitey said...

Radar (6:50am),

My advice to you is to read the Flea Market ads in The Mercury. Anyone frugal enough to advertise there must be a good catch. Just ring them up and ask them out. They won't be expecting anything expensive.

4:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Radar claims he's 44, and you believe him, you're both dreamin!

4:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so NOT funny!!!!

7:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extract from Radar's own website

"Escape from shark attack
If Tim Franklin hadn’t made a miraculous escape from the jaws of a white pointer shark in South Australia in 1971, he might never have found his way to Tasmania.

Just 15 years old, Tim was surfing at Southport in South Australia when the predator sank its teeth into his thigh. A friend dragged him ashore and applied a tourniquet to his leg before he was rushed to hospital."

So if he was 15 in 1971, that means he was born in 1956, and is now 53 years old, give or take a few months.

Is he as honest about everything else as he is about his age?

1:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His facebook page says he was born 25 October 1955... maybe its a typographical error!!!

12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home