03 January 2007

Taste of Tasmania

Happy New Year to all my fellow frugal travellers on the discount road of life.

The Whitey Stuff is now into its second calendar year, but will probably be less frequent this year unless I increase the amount of regurgitation or plagiarism. But you never know.

Anyway, I took the wife and kids to the Taste yesterday. We went for the BYO option - vegemite sandwiches and a bottle of Matthew Lang Semillon Chardonnay 2006 - an adequate match. The year before I had picked up a couple of Taste wine glasses when someone on the table we were sharing with looked away, so we looked the part as usual.

We sat around at the table for a couple of hours and then watched all the buskers up until they started asking for money. Then we moved over to the Parliament gardens and I was quite impressed with the large TV they had there showing the cricket. While cricket doesn't interest me, it was free, so we stayed for a few more hours.

Given the thought of watching TV and not paying for the power, I was disappointed when we all returned later that night to watch McLeod's Daughters and the TV wasn't on. What a rip off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Food Kitty said...

Hey, I want my money back if you aren't going to blog as much.

Self-plagiarism isn't cheating by the way. These days, I can't remember what I said last night, let alone last year....

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home