04 August 2006

More on Hobart restaurants

Due to overwhelming popular demand, I will have to come up with a list of my top ten Hobart restaurants. This could be a bit tricky as most of them are so overpriced that I tend not to go. I have been to a few restaurants over the years so I may have to reminisce instead. My list may be a bit different to Food Kitty, a Hobart women with an eye on the local scene, but who lacks an emphasis on price.

Thinking back to last year's wedding anniversary, the wife booked us into Lebrina - not a place either of us had been to before.

I was very impressed when we arrived, a lovely old house turned into a restaurant, a knock on the door and we were greeted by a waiter. The place looked very flash and I must admit I was a tad nervous as the other patrons were dressed up in suits and I had left my finest polyester at home and worn the white skivvy and Holden Racing Team tracksuit instead.

The waiter took us to our table and brought out some bread and poured two glasses of water. I assumed this was all free so we were off to a good start. There was some spare cutlery on the table so I carefully disposed of that.

Then the waiter brought out the menus and I ran my eye over the prices (I didn't get to what the dishes were).

Then I bolted.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take the bread with you?

2:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coincidence or not - that was MY 70 cents!!! Least I know what you look like.

4:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitey - Oh Learned and Wise One - if you go to an All You Can Eat restaurant, stuff your face, and then spew up before you leave - do you think it is unreasonable to have to pay ?

5:20 pm  
Blogger Food Kitty said...

Actually Anon, if that was the 70 cents in the Guide Dog jar, it's actually mine...

5:26 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

Curious,

If you are feeling a bit ill I suggest you go in to the toilets.

You should then be able to escape through the window.

10:04 am  
Blogger Whitey said...

And no, my mind was overwhelmed and I forgot to take the bread. I will have to go back one time and see if any is left out the back.

As for the missing 70 cents - you leave it, you lose it.

And the guide dogs have enough money anyway.

10:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that you are a public servant.

12:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's not!

4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home