21 September 2007

The Penny Pincher's Book

I was interested to read a brief review of this book in last Thursday's The Mercury. I hadn't been to the library for a while so I had a lot of newspaper reading to catch up on.

Anyway, this British book is now available and is supposed to have good tips on saving money such as keeping candles in the freezer, using a pepper shaker for olive oil and turning old rubber gloves into rubber bands.

What caught my eye was the author's quote: "Penny-pinching is not about being a skinflint but is a way of life concerned with the world around us. Controlling your money will lessen your demands on the resources of the world."

What a load of rubbish!

It is all about being a skinflint. That is the whole point.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be able to pick up a copy cheap in town Whitey - I believe there's a fire sale on.

9:59 pm  
Blogger Rita said...

Hey dougall - I reckon it was actually Whitey who started the fire so he could in fact pick up a few fire sale bargains! Let's be frank about this - Christmas IS fast approaching, and Whitey DOES have a wife and family to keep happy, maybe even parents, brothers, sisters etc?

8:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only flaw in your argument is that Les Lees will be unaccessible for a couple of days.

I suspect Whitey is currently with his therapist trying to cope.

1:58 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

Yes, Les Lees is okay.

Why would I ever pay for a therapist when I can ring up Radar Promotions instead.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home