22 May 2007

Cheap car parking

As some people may be aware, there are a couple of council car parks in Hobart that let you have the first hour's parking for free.

There are a few semi-frugal people out there that move their car every hour so that they don't have to pay to park all day.

I don't think they have really factored in all the extra costs for the savings involved. I tried this approach for a month and only saved $2 (which isn't too bad I suppose). As my office is a seven minute walk from the car park and it took four minutes to move the car, it meant I was only at work 42 minutes every hour. Fortunately no one seemed to notice.

What I have worked out in the meantime is how the ticket dispensers work. This ensures I can park the car at 9:30am and then, when I leave work at 4:36pm I just need to stand next to the ticket dispenser and jump up and down while holding a rubbish bin. This triggers the ticket, so when I leave it looks like I have only been parked for 10 minutes.

Bargain.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

That explains the spate of wierdos observed leaping up & down holding rubbish bins outside car parks! I wondered what the hell they were up to?

Thought I'd missed a new dance craze!

HCC will LOVE you Whitey!

3:54 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

It has to be a metal rubbish bin. The plastic ones don't work.

2:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is true. I have seen someone do it.

4:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it one of Dein Perrys tap dogs?

4:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home