22 October 2007

The Great Debate

I was very disappointed with the debate between John Howard and Kevin Rudd last night.

While they may have covered tax cuts, climate change and the war in Iraq, where was the rebate for frugalness? Where was the discussion of the arts? Where was the passion for not spending money???

I am heartened by one of John Howard's final act of government before moving to caretaker mode (although only just announced). He has granted $6m to the Bradman Foundation to build a shrine to The Don.

Surely the next logical step is to donate $12m to the Whitey Foundation so that I can build a shrine to The Voice.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your thinking, please forward a list of the marginal electorates in which you would like to build these shrines. (Hint: Bennelong is one)

8:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like your thinking, and would also like a list of marginal electorates you are targeting, however I would like an educational theme to the shrines as we are different from the government and have better ideas.

8:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your work... And John Farnham!

11:54 pm  
Blogger Rita said...

Don't forget to vote Whitey. I'm curious who your preferred party are.

9:50 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

So am I!

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home