06 February 2007

Happy birthday to the wife

Mrs Whitey,

Happy birthday today to my dear wife.

I am sure you will understand that we need to save money so I haven't wasted any getting you an expensive card or present. It will just stay in my superannuation.

As a special treat tonight we can turn on the electricity, fire up the cassette player and listen to John Farnham - Farewell from Belgrade. Very romantic, but still frugal. After that, we can walk hand in hand around the block and check out what people have put out in their recycle bins.

Your loving husband.

Whitey

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the intention of preserving the integrity of this blog, I would like to confirm that I did receive a birthday present from my husband yesterday. The gift voucher is exactly what I had asked for - it's a shame it's home made, but it's the thought that counts.

9:44 am  
Blogger Whitey said...

Some people are just never happy.

9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home