31 January 2007

More Dame Kiri

Just who does Dame Kiri think she is?

How could someone see themself as more important that Farnsey?

How could someone not like his concerts?

From Yahoo news ...

SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian firm is suing opera diva Dame Kiri Te Kanawa for up to A$2 million (789,000 pounds) for pulling out of three scheduled concerts with pop singer John Farnham after she learnt his fans threw panties at him.


A Sydney court heard on Monday that Dame Kiri thought Farnham's live shows were "absolutely horrendous", according to the Australian Associated Press.


She had been scheduled to appear with Farnham in 2005 at Melbourne and Sydney concerts billed as "Two Great Voices", AAP said, but cancelled in March 2004 despite assurances by concert organisers Leading Edge Events that no underwear would be thrown on stage.


English-born Farnham, 57, is one of Australia's best-known performers with a career spanning four decades. But he lacks the international renown of New Zealand's Dame Kiri who sang at the 1981 wedding of Prince Charles to Diana Spencer.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she won't be singing with me then...

4:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitey, I wanted you to know that I am back. I realise that you have been missing me on this page but I have been busy lately.

I have still been trying to get to Tasmania. I have put a tattoo on my neck and had my dentist remove my front teeth. I hope I fit in now.

I started a relationship with my aunt. We got off to a rocky start, but things are back on track. I traded in my Mercedes for a 1979 Kingswood and registered for the dole. I’m trying to get into the Tasmanian Public Service, but they keep saying I am over-qualified.

This surprises me because I put in a false CV saying that I left school when I was 14.

I’ve joined up the Greens and have a Bob Brown poster in my front yard.

I’m trying hard, but I’m still stuck in Melbourne. I'll keep you posted.

All the best - Ron

7:25 pm  
Blogger Whitey said...

Ron,

You are making progress. What was the tattoo?

9:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you and I are smarter than the DAME... she had at least better be smarter than a 5th grader!

12:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home