08 September 2006

Concert review

What a night!

Richard Marx has not lost his talent over the last 20 years, but he has lost about 80% of his hair. He looks quite different to all the photos used in the advertisements. I wonder if the ACCC can prosecute him for false advertising?

Anyway, on to the concert. The first three hours were a bit quiet as they were taken up by support act Rick Price. I spent that time drinking the four cans of Tooheys Blue that I had smuggled in inside my socks. I am glad I had my flares ironed and ready to wear so there was plenty of room. I can remember trying the same approach at a Farnsey farewell concert when I was wearing lycra trousers and it wasn't as comfortable. And the security guards kept giving me funny looks.

Marxy rocked up at 10:30pm and screamed out "Devonport - are you ready to rock?". I think his manager needs to give him a more accurate briefing. Once he worked out where he was the real fun began. I was hoarse from singing as loud as I could. Great songs such as Endless Summer Nights, Hazard, Keep Coming Back, Angelia, Right Here Waiting, Don't Mean Nothing and Should've Known Better, along with some that only the true fans know about.

By 11:10pm a great night was over. I sang my self to sleep and will be singing all day at work.

Let's rock!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should've known better

11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

noticed a Richard Marx number on Oz Idol last night - I'm predicting a popularity resurgence!

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice link prognozticator!
But wasn't that Idol singer the one that got the boot last night?

1:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singing Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting For You in last night's final, wasn't enough to get the 18-year-old over the line with Australia's viewing audience.

With tears in his eyes, the singer who has been studying for his High School Certificate while taking the Australian Idol experience, said it had been a rewarding experience.

"I'd just like to say it's been a great journey for me and I had a feeling I would be going home today," said Gatehau after being eliminated.

"I have learned a lot just staying with all these other contestants ... I don't know what to say ... I love youse (sic) all."

Judge Marcia Hines gave the shy musician some sound advice on his departure.

"Whatever you do please show your heart and be true to yourself, baby boy, and you will be fine," Hines said.

Radio jock and judge Kyle Sandilands wasn't so kind.

"You pick dud songs ... that's what you get," he said.

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home