11 July 2006

Torvill and Dean on Ice

Would you believe it???

I was so upset last week when I found out that The Best of Hey Hey It's Saturday was not going to be on any more (even though I do have them all recorded on beta tapes, it's always wonderful to see it on TV).

Anyway, the great news is that it has been replaced by Torvill and Dean on Ice. Does it get any better than this?

I will be glued to the TV tonight at 7:30pm. It takes me back many years when I was a young lad at the Devonport ice rink. I can remember speeding around the rink, the wind whistling through my hair, spraying ice as I glided and pirouetted. I recall meeting a girl there, convincing her to pay for me to get in and then accidentally skating over her hand and removing three fingers. An unfortunate end to a potential romance and ongoing free entry to the rink. Oh well, sometimes you just can't avoid coughing up the cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home